Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Bob Newhart
We had an opportunity to go see Bob Newhart at a recent book signing for his new book, I SHOULDN'T BE DOING THIS! - but we missed it do to other demanding events. We plan to catch Mr. Newhart at one of his many performances in the L.A. area in the near future. In the process of researching Mr. Newhart's upcoming schedule www.bobnewhart.com - I came across information about Suzanne Pleshette and her work.

After reading about both stars, I couldn't help thinking of "Bob and Emily. " They are of course American icons who still hold their own popularity on current replay television. I only wish even now we had a chance to see in current media our psychologists as witty, warm and compassionate as the part played by Bob or our teachers as strong, sexy, smart and beautiful as the part played by Suzanne. I don't think this was type casting - just a time when we used T.V. to show roles in America in their best light even if it were comic. "Bob and Emily" inspired us to be real, vulnerable, and non-apologetic for our places in the dynamics of living the good life. In the Los Angeles area there are countless high rise apartments and condos but I never pass one that I do not think, "somewhere on one the building's many floors, Bob Newhart and Suzanne Pleshette are still living and doing their thing as the funny, devoted, creative and talented Bob and Emily." Now I just need to go and buy Mr. Newhart's book and do a little review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you are thinking, your comments, and your feelings.