Thursday, January 08, 2009

A NEW YEAR 2009 WITH THEMES AND WISHES

Dear Readers,

As I listen to the remarks by various news makers, they all sound so dire - including the new president elect, Barack Obama. But as I listen, I also wish the New Year 2009 would start with more positive themes about how much we are doing and how much we can do.

It seems as though the Bush Administration was always about terrible warnings to justify expenditures for war, reasons for prisoner torture, explanations for intrusions into the protection of privacy rights, and excuses for mis-handling the tragedies of Katrina, bank failures, stock market corruption, job loses and housing foreclosures.

This is not a "pretty picture" I know. But now does Barack Obama have to do the same thing - start his administration with huge economic warnings hanging over our heads? Where does he think all of us have been the last year? I am tired of people trying to justify asking for support based upon doomsday scenarios. Are we a country of people so negative that we cannot be moved to themes of action and innovation without leaders standing over us with the proverbial Armageddon bully club?

I wish, I hope, I pray that soon the president elect who promised CHANGE, YES WE CAN, AND HOPE FOR A BETTER AMERICA will start sounding like a different tomorrow instead of the same old scripts from yesterday.

What do you think?

Let me know your comments about your own New Year impressions for yourself, your country, your president ... write to amber@ambersilverstar.com.

Amber Silverstar
http:www.ambersilverstar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you are thinking, your comments, and your feelings.